In this video Ando suffers through some neck puncturing on my behalf (and a possible stab wound) so we can cover some of the clinch escapes that don’t work all the time, along with some more reliable ones that I prefer. Thanks for watching!
We had the honor of visiting with Ando from Happy Life Martial Arts in Los Angeles this past weekend. Aside from the great hospitality and amazing company, we had some time for a quick tour of his stomping grounds, as well as shooting a video or two. Here is Coach Holly showing some of her tips for the scissor clip with Sensei Ando!
I had the honor of being invited onto Fight for a Happy Life martial arts podcast with host Sensei Ando. The episode just released today.
Check out our conversation on topics like - freedom, defining success, barriers to students progress, living life, and weird questions about what I want on my deathbed/tombstone (is this guy planning to kill me???), and lots of laughter.
Things to know for Saturday:
- Kickboxing class is running as scheduled at 10a.
- Please bring $50 cash for the workshop.
- All other classes and private training sessions are canceled.
- For workshop - please wear your school shirt, boxing shorts (or black shorts or pants if you do not have), and belt to the workshop.
- Mantis Boxing belt ceremony following the workshop at 2:00 p.
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu belt ceremony will immediately follow that (BJJ practitioners will have a brief window to change into your gi before the ceremony.)